Saturday, November 29, 2008

female voices will be the issue of the next post

I address this mini-post to the many ladies who read this blog. I apologize if many of the posts on acoustics are very biased toward the male side. I assure you that this is not because I don't have a great interest in the female voice. In some ways, the tenor voice in particular presents challenges that no other voice has to endure: a combination of muscular stress in the high range relative to the fold mass involved and acoustic subtlety relative to resonance adjustment.

That said, there are issues of great interest in the C4 to G5 range for the female voice. I will dedicate the next post to those issues.

Best,

JRL/TS

1 comment:

Blue Yonder said...

Heh, heh, what is it they say on NFCS? That every time someone posts a tenor technique thread, a kitten dies? ;-)