Thursday, February 4, 2010

Opera and the Black Singer: An article by George Shirley

Dear Friends,

I received the enclosed link to a wonderful article by George Shirley, my teacher during my graduate days at the University of Michigan. I have often expressed my profound admiration for this remarkably accomplished man, and thought you might enjoy his balanced and well-thought out article.

I hope you find the article as interesting as I do. You should know that I have replaced my Voce Vista tools and am already engaged in acoustic analysis of the great voices of the past. I will soon have a series, as promised, dealing with the virtues and weaknesses of the great masters based on such analysis.

Happy reading!

Jean-Ronald

1 comment:

Rebecca Fromherz said...

YAY! I am so happy that you have your tool at hand again, and look forward to utilizing it in the studio.