Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Spontaneous Sharing

Dear friends,

I have been very sheepish about sharing any clips for a while. I had planned to take today off from activities because I had been very active the last few weeks. However, I decided to have a spontaneous practice today and was satisfied with what came out. I sang several arias and as it was going well I decided to record "Come un bel dí di maggio..." from Andrea Chénier.  Unfortunately the only recording equipment I had with me was my Google phone.  Don't be surprised if you feel you are listening to an old Victrola recording.  The quality is good enough to hear the nature of the voice.  I feel that this shows a fair assessment of what I have achieve these past 22 months.  Don't be disappointed that the piano accompaniment does not continue. I only used the first two measures to get my pitch. I also play a chord at the end, also to check my pitch.

20100211Come un bel di.mp3

Just as a reminder. This is more or less what I sounded like as a baritone before I started the change 22 months ago.

Verdi Di Provenza.mp3

Thank you for your support of the blog and of my process.

Jean-Ronald.

5 comments:

DovieLee said...

HI...CAN YOU LIKE LOAN ME YOUR VOICE SO I CAN GO SING SOME CCM MUSIC WITH IT?

I PROMISE ILL RETURN IT IN LIKE 20 YEARS! JUST GIVE ME TIME TO GET A LEGENDARY CAREER..MAYBE 60 GRAMMIES!

LOL


YOUR RECORDING WAS TERRIFIC. AND IM ALSO HEARING SOMETHING IVE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT...BUT IT MUST BE CORRECT IF YOURE DOING IT.

Rebecca Fromherz said...

AWESOME! I love it!!!! This is your world, your voice!!!!! It is SO incredible to hear the difference between your 'false' and 'true' voice. It is the difference between light and dark, color and black-and-white...the world blooms with vibrance and life when you sing.

BRAVO!!!!!

RJF

George said...

Bravo, sir! I hear shades of Corelli :-)

Marlena said...

Wow,listening to your "before" recording, I wouldn't have thought that voice capable of the high notes I heard in the "after." Wonderful, and much more clarity (as far as I could tell from the recording). Will you be making some recordings with orchestra soon?

Jean-Ronald LaFond said...

I intend to make many recordings with orchestra in the future. Will share as soon as those opportunities come. At least some recordings with piano in the very near future.

Thanks for the nice comments. The baritone clip is deceiving. I worked 20 years to fabricate that sound because I was convinced I was a baritone. The mics were on the edge of the stage between me and the orchestra. I did not have to fight much, and the hall held about 1200, not that huge. Besides the orchestration does not challenge the singer's volume. Singing tenor is now feeling like I never sang baritone before. I like that sensation.